Issue One Highlights
- “Bonneville” by Timons Esaias
- “The Reading Lessons” by Carole Lanham
- “Real People Slash” by Nick Mamatas
This issue also included several stories written by Theodore Sturgeon that can no longer be viewed online.
Steve Watkins’ story “Critterworld” is still available.
This issue focused exclusively on the work of Lawrence Watt-Evans. The fiction portion consisted of The Spriggan Mirror, a novel, and a short story entitled “Sirinita’s Dragon,” both set in his world of Ethshar.
The Spriggan Mirror was an interesting experiment in self- and web-publishing that can be read up on here.
Issue Three Highlights
- “Thought Experiments: An Abecedary” by Igor Tepper
- “All in a Night’s Work” by Nels Stanley
- “Quality Time” by Daniel Marcus
This issue also featured several stories by author Dean Paschal. Of them all, it is his coming of age story “Moriya” that comes closest to perfection—quite close.
Issue Four Highlights
- “The Case of the Missing Flower Pot” by Bruce Holland Rogers
- “Believe” by Katherine Sparrow
- “Handful” by Paul E. Martens
Featured in this issue were several sections of Winesburg, Ohio by Sherwood Anderson, including “The Book of the Grotesques.”